Burning sensation in vagina, prescribed estogen tablets. History of using laser for precancerous cells. Which medicines would be safe?

i For the last couple of months i have had a burning sensation in my vagina , i went to the doctor about a month ago and he checked me and said he couldn t see anything abnormal but there was irritation. I am nearly 48 and he thought it may be due to menopause . I went back a week later and saw his wife, who is my usual doctor, and she prescribed estogen tablets to be inserted. I didn t have any tests. After reading the information on these tablets i decided against using them. I had laser for precancerous cells 22 yrs ago and am scared that they will cause cancer. what can i do
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012