Burning sensation down the neck, spine and hips. Neck cartilage deteriorating following a serious fall, head first

I have been proven to have a medical problem where the cartilage in my neck has deteriorated and is pretty much done for my neck is I fell down the stairs backwards the other day hit my head on the wall and crushed my neck down to my chest I got burning feelings from my neck down to my lower spine and now its moving into my hip along with still being in the spine and my neck what can cause that
Asked On : Sun, 27 Oct 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
Your symptoms are suggestive of injury to cervical spinal cord, most specifically posterior columns. This can result in pain in the neck going down the shoulders, arms, back to the hips, a condition referred to as Lhermitte's symptom.
This can be evaluated by doing an MRI of cervical spine.
You could take medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules for pain relief.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.