Burning on urinating and ejaculation post sex, negative test for chlamydia, partner with recurring chlamydia. Cause?

So my girlfriend went to her doctor and found out she had clymidia, so I went and got myself checked and they said I tested negative for it but it burns when I ejaculate and pee. so she got cured and we had sex again and she was diagnosed with it again and I wasnt. but it seems everytime we have sex shes getting clymidia and my penis is burning when I ejaculate and pee. But Ive had the burning while ejaculating and peeing for the whole time she never had the STD . ive had this problem for 2 years now. im getting really worried cause no one can give me a diagnoses please help me.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

There are other reasons for burning on urinating apart from Chlamydia. Though only Chlamydia seems to be diagnosed, there may be mixed infection. Though one of the partners does not manifest disease/infection, it is ideal to treat both partners simultaneously in every case of genital infections. Apart from it, diabetes mellitus has to be ruled out as it lowers immune status of an individual and makes one more prone to infections. There is a chronic carrier state where infection is lodged in prostate and urethra but may not manifest externally. This gets expressed after sex in some individuals. Treatment is required for both partners simultaneously and abstinence is advisable till infection is eliminated.