Bump on the penis shaft, bleeding on picking. Is it genital wart?

I have one small bump on my penis shaft about the size of a pen head that has been there for at least a couple years, I am really not sure. Recently I decided to pick it off, it immediately started to bleed . it has since healed slightly and I took a picture of it. My girlfriend is very concerned and thinks it might be genital warts . I plan to go to the doctor next week, but my girlfriend is now concerned about having sex cause she thinks I might have an STD . Can you look at the picture and tell me what you think and if I should refrain from sex with my girlfriend?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012