Bruising, swelling and burning pain in the foot after getting injured. Difficulty in bending the toe and twisting the foot. Nerve damage?

hi there, my foot was crushed by a horse 5 weeks ago, there was immediate bruising , swelling and burning pain. i recently went to the doctor for the first time since the injury because the pain has become so bad that i can only walk for about 5 minutes at time. i cannot bend my toes downward or twist my foot from side to side because it feels like rubberbands are stretching and snapping. i had an mri and xrays and both were negative. the doctor said it must just be nerve damage. does this sound accurate? is there any way i could have a lisfranc injury that did not show up on the mri/xray? could i have actually injured the foot 5 weeks ago and now it has healed and is not showing up?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013