Bruised swollen knee and calf. Pain in the ankle. Can I take a long distance flight?

I fell one week ago and bruised my right knee . It is bruised and swollen along with my calf . Yesterday evening my ankle swelled up and is blacks and blue. I attribute that to a result of the trauma moving it s way down. I am experiencing some pain in the knee but other than that nothing else except the swelling . Question is: I am scheduled to get on an airplane (from Sacramento connecting in phoenix to Chicago). So I will be traveling for the next 8 hours. Do you advise flying? Should I keep my leg elevated if I can ( I can try and bump to first class). Thanks, Cac
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012