Bruised bump and swelling after being kicked on shin. Tender to touch and stiff

Back in may I was playing soccer and got kicked in the left shin. This led to a bump that was bruised and a little tender when touched. My ankle swelled up and there was bruising around the heel of my foot as well. Eventually the bruising on my foot and ankle went away but the bump on my shin is still there. It feels stiff when I touch it and hurts if I put a lot of pressure on it. I have gone running and got discomfort near the bump and oddly near my foot across the metatarsal bones.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012