Bruise on shin post fall, took rest, bruising subsided, still have the lump that has migrated further down the shin. Help?

I fell on my left knee/shin in mid-july and instantly had a bruise/ hematoma . I rested/iced for a week and resumed running with minimal discomfort. The bruising is gone. The lump is still there - in recent days, I have shifted surfaces (road to trail) with increased pain. The lump seems to have migrated further down my shin. Pain at rest and worse with running. I have a trail race this weekend...Thoughts?!
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012