Bruise on chest wall, painful stretching sensation. Have ontogenesis imperfecta

I have a rare bone disease called ontogenesis imperfecta. About 3 months ago I fell and hurt my ankle, shortly after my boyfriend was massaging my back (gently) and we both felt and heard a crack, it was very painful and it hurt to breathe for the longest time (2-3weeks) afterwards. Even then it still gave me occasional problems. NOW one again my boyfriend had his arm around my back and BAM once again there was a loud painful crack in my mid-upper back rib area, a little off to the side, there is now moderate pain as well as a knot. I went to the ER to have it checked. The doc did and x-ray and did not see anything other than a bruise on my chest wall. (Seems odd to me since I was not hit nor fell into anything!!). It hurts to move my arms, bend over, lay down, touch, breath. With every move I can just feel exactly where that knot is almost like a painful stretching sensation, but also feels tight. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that I DID NOT FALL EITHER TIME AND SOMEHOW MY CHEST WALL IS BRUISED AROUND THAT AREA WHERE THE KNOT IS, any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012