Brownish foul smelling vaginal discharge after mirena insertion. Vitamin D intake suggested. Treatment?

I have Mirena coil fitted in about a year ago. I get brown discharges and it smell really bad. Just a spot of discharge makes the smell really bad. I had to change my panty liners all the time. I have been advised to by clinic to take vitamin D . This sort of helped a little bit. Now it s all started again. My husband is also put off by the smell. I always wash myself and change the panty liners to keep fresh. I can t even stand close to my friends just in case they can the smell odour. Mirena helps to control the bleeding and the pain. Please advise what I can take or do to get rid of the smell. Now I have started to drinking cranberry juice to see whether this help
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012