Brownish discharge from ear, seems to have a blood stained spot inside. History of punctured eardrum. Advice?

My eighty seven year old mum has a brownish discharge from her ear today. A week ago our helper tried to clean her ear with a cotton bud and a thick scab like thing came out and then some blood after that. She was fine thereafter. Today a brownish liquid came out. When I tried to look at her ears with a torch light I could see through and there was a blood stained spot inside. I believe that ear drum was already punctured long before, bec I recall putting hydrogen peroxide in that ear a couple of years ago and she had pain that she did not have in the other ear. Now my maid has removed, the scab I believe that was covering the ear drum. What can I do? Will it heal by itself? She does not complain of any pain.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012