Brownish discharge after intercourse, have done with menses for the month. What could the cause be?

Hi, my name is Samantha and I am 46 years old! I am concerned!!! I just had my regular mentrual this month which came 4 days early Thursday 1-10-13.. My menstrual just went off Tuesday 1- 15-13 I had sexual intercorse ( unprotected ) With my sweetheart Thursday afternoon 2:30pm 1-17-13 I felt fine Friday early evening I went to use the ladies room at work and noticed I was bleeding! It s Saturday evening and I am still bleeding.. I am wearing a panty liner.. It s not heavy And I am feeling some kind of pressure as if I m having light cramping.. The bleeding is a medium brownish discharge on the panty liner But when I whip with paper It s red!! I never went through this before And the clinic isn t open until Monday if its open for MLK holiday!! I don t think this is an emergency room issue because I m not in unbarable pain But I am concerned!! Please email me answers YYYY@YYYY ASAP! I need to know whats going on with my vagina I need a GYN Doctor to send me answers please Thank you so much
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Hello.
The mild amount of brownish discharge after the periods are over can happen due to mild left over blood retained in the uterine cavity. If this has happened for the first time then there is no need to worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
drrakhitayal@gmail.com