Brown spotting. Trying to concieve. Pregnancy test negative. Having nausea, cramps, heightened sense of smell. Pregnant?

Hello- i am due for my period today but no heavy bleeding like i am used to. Only having a little brown spots on the toilet paper when i wipe. I have been ttc for 2 months. I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was negitive. Could i be pregnant or just late period coming. Ive never been late. Also i have nausea and cramping, and i have a heightened sense of smell.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
The cause of your spotting could be an implantation bleed or a scanty period. A HPT can give a definite result when performed 3-7 days after a delayed period and with a fresh early morning sample. You may repeat the pregnancy test after a couple of days and for better confirmation get a blood test along with a trans-vaginal sonogram. Hope your query is answered. Good luck.