Brown spots on arms, hands, look like birth marks, due to excessive sun exposure. Cure for condition?

My daughter lives inXXXXXXX and has described a condition that has developed in just the last week. She has lived there for a year and tries to be careful about getting too much sun. This is how she describes her condition: ...strange brown spots, large and small, appearing on my hands and arms. They don’t itch or hurt, and just look like birthmarks...or dirt, apparently, since one person thoughtfully informed me that I should wash my arm.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012