Brown spot on the knee. Diagnosed as Benign. Prescribed to get a Biopsy. Serious?

Hi, about two weeks ago I had a health checkup where I noticed a brown spot on my knee that had suddenly appeared next to a black mole that appeared a few years ago. I had the old mole checked up before and was told it was benign. Anyway it concerned me so I asked the doctor to take a look. He didn t make much comments on it but wrote me a referral to a specialist and suggest I get a biopsy there. I ve tried scratching at the brown spot and scrubbing at it. It s definitely not dirt or anything as it did not budge at all but I just looked at it and it has disappeared leaving a slight bump. Should I be concerned about this? I have not seen the specialist yet but would like not to if it isn t anything serious.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013