Brown discharge, spotting, light green discharge without odor. On contraceptive coil. Cause of concern?

HI, I had the coil fitted back in December last year. I have had brown discharge and spotting ever since until the last few days. I wasn t worried about the spotting as I waas told this was normal but I now have thick, light green discharge. It doesn t smell and I have no pain or itching. I m pretty sure it s not an STI as I have had the same partner for a few years. Do you know what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

There are quite a few infections that can cause such a presentation and STIs are the most common ones as assumed by you. We cannot rule out anything until properly evaluated as just being monogamous on your side does not suffice.

I request you to visit a doctor for a complete ad elaborate evaluation including a urine culture, swab test and physical examination.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.