Brown discharge during periods after abortion. Prescribed Microprogesta. Am I pregnant?

hi, as I had an abortion 1 year before and after that I had a regular periods but during periods a brown discharge also comes which was not seen before abortion. Now one month before I missed period, I had done prega test with a positive result and I thought I am pregnant..but when I asked the doctor,she checked and found little brown discharge. She sugested me microprogesta 200 twice a day. I am afraid that am I pregnant or not?...why she sugested me progesterone .
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012