Brown discharge after few days of periods, What it could be ?

Had my period almost about two weeks ago now for the past fews days noticing some brown discharge what could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Welcome to spotting is called midcycle spotting .It is seen at the time of ovulation.It occurs approximately 14 - 16 days after the last menstrual period. the bleeding usually lasts for only 2-3 hours and may be so slight as to cause only a brownish discharge that stains the underclothes. Occasionally it may last for 1 to 2 days but even then only a brown discharge with a few spots of red may be seen. Heavy bleeding is rare. A little blood tinging the profuse clear mucus secreted at this time is more common. Also if you are on oral pills that can cause mid cycle bleed.take care.