Brown coloured discharge during pregnancy after cervix check. Normal?

HEllo Im 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant yesterday i went for my weekly check up with my OB and she checked my cervix I went from 1cm to 3cm and my appointment was for 11:30am they checked y cervix id say around 12pm I had gone back to work and when i got home i noticed brown spootig on my undies. That was about 6 pm and it continued very light throughoout the night at 4 am it was just one spot and this morning coming into work i been having pains and very minor contractions and went to the restroom again and when i wiped it was brown kinda looked like dried blood when it turns to that brown color..Im just a little confused on what might be going on I mean i know the spotting after checking ur cervix is normal but going to the next day? is that normal the back pains are unbareble and im just a little confused on what to do babygirl is moving just fine though.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012