Broken wrist bones. Wrist in a cast, pins put in. Unable to move fingers. Treatment?

i broke both bones in my wrist and had to wear a external fix for 3 wks i was in a cast for 3 wks when i went in to have pins took out in oct they had been in since july, he made a last min decision in or to do manual manip on y wrist, i woke up in terrible pain and now i cannot move my fingers, his asst says i have to go to a neurologist now, why is this
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012

I have studied your case with diligence

There is possibility of nerve entrapment.
You may need EMG-NCV nerve conduction study.
You can consult your doctor further treatment.

Another possibility of sudecks osteodystrophy due to prolonged immobilisation.
Physiotherapy is very important here.
Ultrasound ,TENS and wax bath may help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.