Broken wrist. Excessive hair growth in the area where thumb spica was put. Why?

I broke my wrist and had to wear a thumb spica cast for a month. When they took it off I realized there were long dark hairs on my arm and on the back of my hand where hair doesn t usually grow. Does anybody know why this is? And how do I safely get rid of it? I ve read that it will go away on its own in a few months. Is that true? Should I shave it or will it just grow back even worse?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
The long black hairs on the arm are not likely to be permanent in your case. You can do a waxing on the area or use an epilator cream to remove them safely. Shaving is not recommended. Bleaching the area can also be considered.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal