Broken nose, difficulty in breathing through one nostril, feeling of a curve on putting the fingers. Can it be fixed by septum operation?

I broke my nose when I was 10. I have trouble breathing out of one side of my nose a lot and the other is not great. I can feel a curve when I put my fingers up and it does move back into the middle.i assume this is a deviated septum ,but it doesn t seem to help my breathing when I do it. It feels like the problem might be up further ? Could this be the case. What could it be and how is it fixed. Is it as easy as a septum operation or is there more to it.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012