Broke ribs and had compression fractures, bruising. What can help?

I was hit by a truck, as a pedestrian and broke three ribs and got a compression fracture of a vertebrae and ruptured discs. I also was thrown 15 feet and landed on my right side. I had severe bruising on my right thigh and horrific pain. I was in the hospital 3 days and took a plane back to my home. I was treated for increasing back pain and after 18 months ended up in the ER with massive pulmonary embolisms in both lungs with no pain in my legs or any evidence of clots anywhere else. My question is, would it be possible to have a blood clot from the accident and not have it move to my lungs until 18 months later?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012