Breathlessness, tingling hands, ears ringing. History of lung lobe removal due to lung cancer. Oxygen related?

My husband is 62 years old. April 23, 2012, he had 2 lobes removed from right lung due to lung cancer . He was/ is a very healthy man, never smoked , but was subjected to second hand smoke for years. His surgery was successful, and the surgeon labeled him cancer free. At 3 weeks the doc said it is time to push yourself. We were ok with that! In the last 4 months he has most definitely improved in many ways, can t do what he use to, and he does still need O2 at nite. We live in high elevation, so that doesn t help. He went back to work just 4 weeks after surgery, light duty as a courier. All in all he is doing great. Today, however, the a/c wasn t working right in his car, & heat got to him. When he came in the house, (approx 2:45 pm) he was scared, felt like he would pass out, short of breath, hand felt tingly, ears ringing. I immediately had him get on his O2, and calm down. I am hoping I did not make a mistake by NOT taking him to ER. After 15 minutes or so, he was on his way to doing better...much better. He thinks he over did it in the heat, and I agree. When he does that, he grows short of breath. Not to mention, he is operating with 2/5 of his lungs removed! At his Dr. visit, last week, everything was great! No signs of anything wrong, or sickness! Is this all O2 related caused by getting out in the heat ?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012