Breathlessness and muscular spasms in back and stomach. History of asthma. Pressure in the ribs. Any lung problem?

Hey there,

I've been having breathlessness associated with muscular pain and spasms in my back and stomach for a few months now. I do have asthma and have ruled out heart problems (EKG and echo) along with normal blood tests and a lung function test. Nonetheless, I keep getting momentary "anxiety attacks" but don't really feel stressed. I've been to the ER twice from what I thought were heart attacks (numbness, tingling, cant breath, head pressure, etc.) and I'm not sure what else could be going on.

I've noticed a bit of an indent beneath my right rib cage and when I exhale i notice that this area seems to be thick with pressure. Could this be a rib that is out of place? Or is this more likely lung-related. My asthma has been under control for most of my life after 10 yrs old due to singulair and advair. So I'm not prone to get asthma attacks. I was also doing a lot of weight lifting in the preceding months before the symptoms started.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013