Bone growth on the hard palate. Swelling and pain. Inflamed lump? Treatment?

Some years ago, I had a biopsy of a lump on my hard palate. I was told it was a bony growth. Yesterday this lump became swollen and painful. The surrounding tissue is red, but it looks white when I push on it. I also have some ear pain and severe facial pain behind eyes. Could the lump be inflamed or infected due to sinus inflammation? What is the best way to get rid of the lump (it hurts to swallow). Does this sound like it could be cancerous?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013