Bone growth at the end of the right clavicle. Biopsy necessary?

i am 47 year-old man, has a bone growth at the throat end of my right clavicle . It is about the size of the tip of my pinky and irregular in shape. It is hard like the rest of the bone and feels continuos to the clavicle end. What is the differential in a lesion of this type to include benign and malignant possibilities? I have no known malignancy nor any symptoms to suggest this is a metastatic presentation of some unknown primary. A CT scan did not provide a diagnosis. Will a biopsy ultimately be necessary? Could this just be a bone spur? Or, better yet, what is in the differential, including benign and malignant possibilities?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  50 Awaiting Answer