Body pain, salty taste in mouth. Taking amoxicillin for cold and cough, nasal spray, no relief. Cure for symptoms?

I have recently been on a short course of amoxicillin 500mg 3 x day for 5 days for a very bad cough , cold, infection. The course has stopped but I am left still feeling full of aches and pains but the worse thing is that I cannot taste anything other than a salty taste in my mouth and salty mucus . I went to my doctors last week who prescribed some nasal spray for allergies!? Its not working anyhow, whats wrong with me please?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013