Blurred vision, irritation with redness and yellow pus on reading. What could be wrong?

I was reading a story online and i noticed my left eye was blurry and felt like something was scratching my eye when i blinked. I went to the bathroom to see if there was an eyelash in my eye and i discovered that my left eye was bloodshot and had slimy white/yellow puss looking stuff. I got the puss looking stuff out of my eye and went back to reading my story and it got blurry again and i went to the bathroom and got the gunk out of my eye, and so on for the rest of the night. What is wrong with my eye ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

the pus like stuff in your eye is the secretion from the mucus glands in the eyes. they will produce more of this mucus if there is any foreign body in the eye; in your case the eye lash. if u keep on rubbing the eye or trying to remove the pus, more will come. this is called mucus fishing syndrome.

the treatment is simple. DO NOT TOUCH THE EYES. do not remove the mucus. do some cold compress to the eye. if still not ok then u can use some lubricating eye drops and u should be fine

gewt well soon