Blood in urine, stool. Taking medicines for hiatal hernia. What could have caused this?

My husband is 32 and this morning told me that he had blood in his urine and then later when he went to the bathroom he had blood in his stool . This is the only time that it has happened that he is aware of...he only takes prilosec for a hiatal hernia diagnosed about 8 years ago. He denies any other new symptoms. Should we wait and see if it happens again or make an appointment to see his doctor right away? I think he should be seen, he thinks he should wait....Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012