Blood in ear, ear pain. Cleaning ear with Qtip. Normal occurrence?

I was cleaning my ear with a Qtip, I stuck it in quite deep (but very gently, i have cleaned my ears this way for years). I pulled the Qtip out and saw some very dark, almost black coagulated blood on the tip. I put the tip in again, to see if more blood came out and there was fresh, bright red blood on it. It is deep, I stress that fact, so deep that NO finger could reach that deep to scratch myself. Also, the blood is not plentyful, no draining or running out of the ear. I have NOT hit my head, bumped it, or been listening to very loud music. Is this a normal occurrence? I had very SLIGHT ear pain a few days ago but it doesn t hurt now (Though it does feel like it constantly needs to pop ). Should I be concerned and go see a specialist?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
There is a chance that you have injured the drum leading to bleeding and a blocked sensation.
Do not worry, traumatic injuries usually heal well.
You should never try to clean the insides of the ear.
Please see an ENT specialist to rule out perforation.
Till then keep your ears dry, do not probe your ears.
Regards, Dr Kishori.