Blood clot in the vein in lower leg. Took coumadin. Recurrent infections after hip replacement. How can I stabilize the coumadin dose?

I have been on Coumadin for four weeks for a blood clot in a small vein in my lower leg. Also, on Clindamycin , same time period, for infection. Previously, I have suffered from many infecttions, in various parts of my body, since July 2012, when I had a hip replaced. I am a 52 year old female. Question: I have kept my vitamin K daily level at 19-22 mcgs. I still have to have my pt levels checked 2-3X/week. The Coumandin dose has not stabilized. What am I doing wrong? Lori Donohue
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013