Bloating and puffiness after meals. Help

I am very concerned, I eat healthy, greens vegatables, chicken, small amounts of sugar, little salt, raw vegatbles, plenty of water, rest, no smoking no alcohol, I am 55, I have been healthy all of my life, and for some reason now, after I eat, or drink anythin I bloat, my face looks puffy, and my stomach , and breats, it is so uncomfortable because i am a petite woman, 53 normally 125 to 135 pds max, now for no reason Ive gained 2O pds in the last 6 mths and I barely eat,very small healthy meals, Ive been to the doctors, but he still has no answers for me and I am frustrated, and want some anwers, or some type of medication , I cannot go around looking like this I look pregnant, and my pretty face is changing all in a matter of months,...please help?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Cecegallery,
Thanks for writing your query.

Due to some hormonal changes during menopause, a slight weight gain is seen normally in females.
You can add exercise in your daily schedule.
Doing even brisk walking and aerobic exercises will help you.

You should also avoid gas producing foods like peas, legumes, cabbage, etc. These foods result in feeling of bloating after eating.

Also donot eat fast and donot talk while eating as these result in swallowing more air along with food resulting in bloating or feeling of fullness even after having a small meal.

Also get yourself investigated for :-
1. Thyroid profile.
2. Lipid profile.
3. Blood sugar.
4. Liver Function Test.
5. Kidney Function Test.

If the problem persists, get yourself examined clinically.
I hope this is helpful to you.