Bloating, abdominal cramps after getting Mirena coil fitted. Suggestions?

Hello, I had my Miranda coil fitted 1 year ago in September. I had period pains once a month since the fitting, with no or less bleeding from month 4 onwards.however the last 3-4 months the period pains are mostly every day and I feel like my belly has bloated in the couple of months. I work a lot so never have time to go to the docs. Any suggestions what it might be?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013

Miranda coil is associated with chronic uterine infection or inflammatory diseases of the pelvis.

The symptoms you are experiencing are indicating for possible infections of the your genital organs and/or associated with urinary tract infection.

So, I'd suggest to:
- do transvaginal/abdominal echo
- do vaginal swab testing
- urine analysis

Meanwhile, I'd advise to:
- take ibuprofen or mephenamic acid for the pain
- take otc probiotics
- drink more water
- try not to have sex until you do the tests

All the best!