Bloated stomach, vaginal bleeding. What can it be?

Dear Sir/Madame, I was wondering if you could help me. My girlfriend has said to me her stomach feels bloated, this has been like this for 2 days now, she says its hard in some parts and soft in others, she says she has bleeding down where the vagina is and feels sick but doesn t be sick. I have tried searching online to find out what it could be but couldn t find anything really. So i am asking you for some help. I have asked her to take a pregnancy test just to be on safe side but she keeps saying to me she doesnt think it can be that or can it. So overall i am asking would you be able to help me to find out what it is or can be please. Thankyou. Michael Williams
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Jan 2016
Hallow Michael,

Vaginal bleeding she is having is most likely to be her menses if they were due this time. During menses many girls feel sick and get gastric upsets. Her bloating of the abdomen seems to be due to constipation due to digestive upsets. This also is commonly found during menses. Give her some stool softener with carminative like plain soda which will clear her bowels and she will feel OK.

If the bleeding is about fortnight earlier than her expected menses, it could be her ovulation bleeding (Mittelschmerz: Some amount of bleeding at the time of egg release). If she is getting pain in the abdomen, she may take some antispasmodic painkiller which will give her some relief.

If you are suspecting her to be pregnant, do not hesitate to get her pregnancy test done; however she had menses, so no chance of pregnancy.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri