Bleeding while clearing child's ear wax, saw bump. Has it caused tearing of ear drum?

I cleaned my childs ear tonight and noticed some wax and then upon placing hydrogen peroxide in and attempting to pull out the wax ball I managed to push the Q- tip far enough into the ear canal to cause bleeding and I am able to see a small white bump also located in her ear that was not there before. Did I cause tearing and expose a small bone? I am told eardrums heal themselves and to place clean cotton over the ear and not allow swimming for a few days? Advice please
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012