Bleeding two weeks after normal periods, using menstrual cup. Should I be concerned?

I am 51 years old. I have always had regular periods - every 28 days. Now, 2 weeks after my last period, I have started bleeding again. I use a menstral cup - and normally, I empty it twice a day and it is about half full each time. This period, I empty the cup about every hour and it is full. The blood is very bright red and thin, when normally it is dark and thick. Should I be concerned? Go to emerg?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.A myoma of uterus and bleeding as a complication of it can be suspected in your case.An ultrasound examination will be necessary to rule out the condition.If you continue to bleed then better to go to emergency room as soon as possible.If it is myoma then a myomectomy will be necessary.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.