Bleeding in ureters, low back pain, frequent urination. Suffering with hematuria and protein in blood. Reasons ?

I am a 44 year old male with hematuria and protein in blood. Negative ct scan and cytoscopy was neg but showed some bleeding in the ureters. Lower back pain on left side but not sure if its muscular or kidney related but pain is predominant upon awakening in the morning. Urine is dark tea color for several days and then clears up for the same period and then cycle starts over. Urine shows lots of bubbles. Frequent urination . I am otherwise very healthy. I have noticed some joint pain that seems like arthritus. My appointment at Johns Hopkins Nephrology is September 10, over 1 month away. That seems like too long to wait. What are your thoughts on a possible diagnoses and length of time before appointment?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012