Bleeding from the nose, mucus with blood, sore throat. No cold

Hi, When I blow my nose I am getting a fair amount of blood coming out, a lot of which seems to be old do to it s colour. I m also getting the same thing when I wake up in the morning and cough out mucus . It s winter now and I have had a bloody nasal drip in the past due to it being so dry, but what worries my here is the amount as well as the dark colour. I have no other symptoms to speak of other than a soar throat earlier in the week that lasted for maybe 3 or 4 days. No cold or anything came after though.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013