Bleeding abnormally, lower back pain. Serious?

Hi. Since last Friday (18th) I have been bleeding as if on my period which was due around that point. I have noticed since then that very little blood has been on the pad but when I wipe there is a lot of blood on the tissue . It is impossible for me to be pregnant as I have never had sex before. I went to the doctor on Friday who said it is normal and to go back if it doesn t stop after a few more days. Then yesterday I had a pain in my lower back that lasted all day and I had no appetite . I am really concerned this is something serious.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
Donot worry as at times periods trouble you with no definite underlying cause. Just a little hormonal imbalance which can also be effected by the environment surrounding you. the loss of apetite can be due to the hormonal changes in your body . In case your bleeding doesn't stop get a pelvic scan and run through your hormonal assay. nothing serious to worry about.