Black out. EEG done, diagnosed JME. Prescribed keppra. Anxiety, loss of concentration. How can it be treated?

hello, when i was 15 close to my 16th birthday i was diagnosed with JME. I had been experiencing episodes in the morning related to sleep and one day i had a big one which cause me to black out and fall down the stairs i ended up in hospital and had an eeg which i was diagnosed with JME. So i was put on keppra i am now 16 and i have been on keppra for a short time but i feel as if i already am having some side effects, i get really down and gloom: where i find myself sitting on my bedroom floor for a while. Ive also notice a change in my temper i get angry alot quicker then i used to at the smallest things. i cry alot and am feeling a lot of anxiety im also struggling with concentration and need sleep all the time! im doing my gcses at present and am really worried about the fact being on this medication is affecting my chances of doing the best i can in my exams. has anyone noticed this to? or know what i can do to limit this?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012