Bitten by something on inner thigh, later swelling, burning and itching, bruise from broken capillaries above it. Any ideas?

I was bitten by something when outside on my inner thigh. I did not see anything just felt a pain and looked down to see a stinger. I pulled the stinger out which looked like a rose thorn and immediately my leg started swelling , burning and itching. It has been swollen all week and now after running I have a bruise from broken capillaries above it. Any ideas of what it may have been?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013