Bitten by an insect, rashes on body, swelling, itching. Benadryl, cortisone provide temporary relief. Should i go to the ER?

Yesterday I got bitten by a mosuito. I just assumed I was allergic to them a while back when I got a bite that swelled really bad. But this time is very different. Somehow it spread & covered my entire body from head to toe in itchiness. My face swells in areas & is very red & often itchy now. My neck was where I got the bite but now my legs have very swollen aread & itch a lot. It looks similar to skeeter syndrome but I m not sure if I have that. I ve taken bendaryl & used cortisone & it only sops it for about 15 minutes but then starts swelling , itching & turning red in different areas again. Should I got to the er/ doctor & check it out ?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012