Baby having red spots on hands and legs. What is the cure?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My baby daughter is 10 months old and has developed red spots in few locations such as finger, hands legs back behind ears, on scalp and on face. The finger red spot has a little swelling as well. Please refer to the attached images of the same. What are these and what is the reason and the what is the treatment for the same. Is it mosquitos since there are quite a few. We are using mosquito patch but we are not sure if this is mosquitos We have just started tomatoes, chicken broth and cauliflower and banana. Could it be a allergy to any of these foods.We are putting full pepper seeds and jeera to give taste. These foods have just been introduced so could it be allergy to these foods. We have got a new plastic mat of alphabets she sits on. Is it allergy to this. I am worried and concerned please let me know what are these and what is the cause of the same.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: looks like mosquito bite allergy Detailed Answer: Hi The pictures you had sent looks more like insect bite hypersensitivity due to mosquitoes. Unlike to be food or plastic mat. Its common for kids to get such rashes after mosquito bites. Best way is to prevent using nets or mosquitp repellent creams which can be applied all over except wrist palm and fingers. Monteluekast can be taken for 3 months once daily in the evening 4mg. It usually goes off oince the body is used to mosquito bite antigens. Wishing your kid good health Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Baby having red spots on hands and legs. What is the cure? 21 hours later
Below my baby girls eyes there is puffiness. Under her eyes there puffiness. Please refer the attached photo you will see they are puffy. Please do tell me what is the reason for this puffyness. Also you prescribed Monteluekast can be taken for 3 months once daily in the evening 4mg. What is this exactly for.
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Puffiness is due to histamine release - ALLERGY Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing again Puffiness is due to histamine and leukotriene release , which will happen in allergy , it can spread beyond the area of bite. Monteluekast is to prevent/decrease this leukotriene release which happens in allergic reaction. Its safe Dr Arun