Bit by a cat, took antibiotics. Still having numbness in the little finger. Permanent nerve damage?

I was bitten by a cat about a week ago (her tooth went in one side of my pinky and out the other). I went to the doctor and I am on antibiotics . However, from the moment I was bitten, about half of my hand went numb. I expressed my concern to the doctor I went to see. She claimed it was because of the swelling - and if the swelling goes down and I still have this numbness that it is a different problem entirely. I m fairly certain the swelling has gone down - I can t notice a difference in size between it and my healthy hand. Some of the numbness went away, but my pinky finger is still completely numb. Is this normal? Is it still related to swelling? If it is nerve damage, is it permanent? What do I do now?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
WElcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

You are very good t your description. The treatment you are having for cat bite may not be sufficient if it is only anti biotics. There ae specific medications and injections available for cat poisoning. But the numbness and tingling of the finger might not be connected with this and other nerve damage. It should be due to the swelling and injury and should go away in a week of so. Don't be nxious. If you are in doubt find another good physician.
Good luck.