Beginning of menopause. Not pregnant. Have loose stools. Diagnosed crohn s disease. Have bacterial infection. Suggestions?

I am a 46 yr. old female. I have birthed 11 children. This is the first time last month that I did not get a period. I figured it was the beginning of menopause. I did 3 pregnancy tests and I am not pregnant. Last year (Aug. 2012) I experienced loose stools and blood in my stools with an urgency to go to the bathroom for months. This all began after my husband and I visited a seafood restaurant and he also had the same problems. His symptoms went away and mine did not (I was pregnant at the time and had a miscarriage). I went to a gastroenterologist and had a colonoscopy and he diagnosed me with colitis/crohn's disease. I was put on Colazal (3 pills 3x a day) I took for several months and the problem went away and I also went and got a second opinion at UNC Chapel Hill hospital. She told me I had a bacterial infection and did not have crohn's disease and I discontinued all my medication. Three full months after discontinuing any medication, .my husband lost his job in July and in August my symptoms of diarrhea, loose; urgency to go to the bathroom have all returned. However, this time I have stomach/abdominal pain. My stomach hurts after I start eating. I did start at the onset of all of these symptoms to go back on the Colazal but since taking it I now experience stomach pain and nausea. I am also recently very hungry. I have NOT lost my appetite and not lost any weight. I have no family history of colitis or crohn's disease. My color is fine. I have energy to do what I need to do but it has become part of my routine going to the bathroom 4-9 times a day especially after I have had a meal. I stopped the colazal because I read that stomach pains and nausea are part of the side effects. I am hungry and have a big appetite. I am tired but I have a lot of responsibility. What do you think? I am going to go to the dr. after my insurance goes through. I am waiting for insurance cards.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013