Been stressed, had panic attacks, was on paxil, sense heart attack. What can help?

Hi, I m a recently retired, (63 years old) female . I haven t driven in ten years. I felt that once I retired, the stress from work and job would help me to overcome the panic attacks of driving. Now that I am retired I m a prisoner in my home because I m unable to drive to get out and move around. I want to be able to go to the health club, drs appt mts. and simply shopping. I was told by several doctors (internal medicine) that I was experiencing panic attacks. I was prescribed paxil 20mg. At one time I wasn t able to be alone in my home for fear I may have a herat attack. Since I ve taken paxil I m now able to be alone in my home with no problems. My main concern is I have major panic attacks when I m driving alone. Hence, I have completly stop driving for ten years. I so desperately want my indepedence back. I want to drive again without fear of any of panic attacks. Please help me . What can I do to overcome this major problem in my life that has stripped me of my mobility to get around? Public tranportation is imited where I leave and the cab service expense is overwhelming. I want to do this for me. I ve burned my husband, family and friends out with requesting rides. I would like to see a psychiatrist in the south chicago suburban area who specializes in this disorder. My e-mail is provided. I appreciate any advice and suggestions you can provide. Thanking you in adevance. I
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013