Been getting strange wrists above veins. Itchy and discolored. Cause?

For the past few weeks I have been getting strange bumps on my wrists, right above my veins. It s happened 4 times now. And it is not an allergic reaction, or not one I can figure out. The first time it happened I was brushing my hair , the next day I was just standing and talking to a friend and it happened again, the third time I was again, just standing and talking to a friend, and this last time I was putting on a shoe. They are a little painful as well as a bit itchy. I havent observed how long they last, because usually I end up going to sleep after it happens. (it lasts at least an hour). The day after, I notice the skin is a bit discolored as though it is bruised, as well as a little tender. The first three times it has occurred on my left wrist above the veins, and this last time it has switched to the right wrist but in the same location. Is there any cause for this?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your history it appears that you might have developed dermatitis to some contact allergen or due sweating. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area otherwise these areas are very prone for getting secondary infection. You can apply an steroid cream such as cortisone cream. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. Apply a plenty of moisturizers over the affected area. If these increase then consult a dermatologist for higher treatment. If the infection increases then oral antibiotic like ciprofloxacin can be taken under medical advise.