Banged nose. Throbbing, pain, puffy eyes. Applied ice, took ibuprofen with codeine. Red mark on nose. Correct treatment?

Hi I banged nose against corner of a wall cos I tripped over an object at night. Nose bleed for a minute and was trobbing now eyes puffy but nose not too sore just if I twitch it upwards. Didn't go to Docs but just put some ice then swelling went down during the day but is back this morning so put some more ice and have been taking ibruprofen with codeine once a day. A red mark has appeared (second morning) by cut on nose so maybe the pain is coming outwards. Am I doing the correct thing? Do I need to see a Doc? Thank you very much
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013