Bang on the shin causing a tenderness, bump. Should I be worried?

Hello, I was kicking during taekwondo practice a couple days back and my shin made contact with a person s knee . Needless to say, it hurt. After that, a weird bump formed on my leg that s still there and a bit tender to touch. It probably doesn t help that I ve hit it several more times since the incident. Should I be worried about this bump or will it go away in time?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Hello and welcome to health care magic.
Swelling and pain following a trauma is suggestive of a fracture in Tibia (chin bone). It may be a small hairline fracture which is why is why it's not much debilitating to you. So my advice is to give rest to the leg and visit an orthopaedic specialist. He will take an Xray and will treat accordingly.
Hope this discussion will be helpful to you.
Thank you.